Saturday morning with the Patches we all went to a farmer's market with all kinds of fresh food and treats. Warren seemed to know a lot of the vendors so they must go there a lot. After that we went to try "bare-foot bowling." It's lawn bowling but we had to do it barefoot since none of us had the proper shoes. We did two games: Aussies vs Yanks and Boys vs Girls. The games were close but I won both times. It was fun to do something none of us were experienced with and just go with it. We did really well compared to some of the other groups who were there. Our balls were in a nice little cluster and some of the other people were all over the course.
That night we went out to a really nice restaurant and then went to a chocolate place, Max Brenner, for dessert. It was the popular local place and the wait was close to hour but it was worth it, sooo good. After that I went out with Stef and a friend of her to a bar that they knew. We hung out there for while. After a bit we met up with Erin, who was in my class at Bundaberg and I hadnt seen her in 14 years! It was certainly a blast from the past. It was fun seeing everyone again but it is really hard catching up on that much time.
Monday was our last full day so we wanted to do something fun. We ended up going to Dreamworld which was like a combination of a zoo and amusement park. They had a bunch of fun rides but also had exotic Australian animals (and Tigers) which we got to see. My favorite ride was one called the Claw, which was a big ring on an arm that swung up into the air 9 stories and then plummeted you back down over and over.
I had a blast but I cant believe how fast the whole trip went. I really want to get back soon if I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment