Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No longer homeless!

So after 2 long, exhausting days of walking around looking for places to live I finally found something. It's right next to campus and close by to a few little shops. I must have walked around town for close to 15 hours and maybe 20-25 km over the last few days looking at places. It seemed like as soon as I got to one place someone would call me from the opposite side of town and I'd have to walk all the way back. The place itself isnt super fancy but it has all the basics pretty well in hand. I picked up a few things from the local Warehouse (like Target). I talked to Vee, one of the roommates who is moving out in a few days, and he told me a lot about the place, including that the internet is really slow if I try and watch TV or something :(
He did offer to take me into town tomorrow so that I can stock up on food and get some actual meals. He said that alot of the current flatmates weren't very social and that it was kind of boring but he was thinking that it would probably be better with 2 Americans and hopefully some younger Kiwis. We can find more stuff to do when University starts as well.

Its nice to be settled in somewhere even if its not the nicest possible place. We'll see how the semester goes. Hopefully more adventures ahead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment