Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rotorua Part 2

Finished all my finals and papers and got to relax and take it easy. My sister Danielle finally arrived to visit me here in NZ and we have done a bunch of fun things the last few days. On friday we went back to Rotorua and had to decide what to do. I wanted to do something relaxing and easy so we decided to go to see thermal hot springs and mud bath. It was a lot cooler than the place I visited last time because the mud pools were bubbling like crazy. They even had a "mud volcano." We then got look around at the natural hot springs that got up too 135 degrees celsius. At one point they had a "hot waterfall" which was a waterfall that was warm because all of the geothermal activity. After we walked around the park for a bit, we got to meet with the Maori carving master who helped us carve our own little New Zealand carvings. I messed up really bad at the beginning but he helped me make it look respectable haha.

The best part came next... We got to take a mud bath. It was really warm and super relaxing to sit in this hot spring and then rub all the gooey mad all over your face and body. I hadn't ever been to a spa or anything like that before and not gonna lie it was kind of fun, especially after I had been stressing out over all my finals and papers. We then got to take a sulfur bath to rinse the mud off. It was pretty cool and definitely relaxing but I smelled like sulfur for a while which is not the best smell!

After hitting up a ton of souvenir shops, we headed back. I was definitely more pleased with this trip to Rotorua.

No comments:

Post a Comment